Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wise Words from Aladin

So sometimes we meet a lot of awesome people as we are wandering around the Old City. Thursday as we were coming back from the City we stopped off at the money changers...Aladin! He is a pretty funny guy, and asks me everytime if I play basketball. Anywho this time as we were leaving he gave us some wise words of advice...

"Live your lives and love it while living for good, and don't be afraid of death"

I love all of the little random life lessons that I seem to learn everyday here. Also...we met this cute little girl named Annie while we were getting shwarma's in the city. One of the only Arabic words I know is helwe...which means beautiful. So I tried to tell her she was beautiful, but she just smiled really big at me and laughed.So cute.

Annie...and delicious shwarma! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good thing we both bought that skirt. I love mine. And yours.

    You are helwe.

    ReplyDelete