Saturday, June 16, 2012

Gethsemane

Last Sabbath I finally got to go and visit the Garden of Gethsemane! I have been here for a month and a half with the best intentions of going almost every Sabbath, but somehow things kept coming up. But I finally went...and it was great! I still find it hard to wrap my head around the fact that I am finally getting to visit all of these places that I have just had to imagine in my head ever since I was little. The Garden of Gethsemane in particular has always been a place, though, that I have struggled to picture in my mind. What Christ must have felt and gone through is just way beyond my comprehension. The whole time I was there I had these verses from the Gospel of Luke running through my head, especially verse 44.

 41 ) And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
 42) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
 43) And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
 44) And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

I can't even fathom how much pressure and pain it would take to cause blood to come from every single pore of Christ's body, and it breaks my heart to think that my sins added to his pain. I am so grateful that he performed the atonement, though, because it provides us all a way to be forgiven and to one day return to live with our Father in Heaven again. As Professor Huntsman would say... I just love Jesus!! 

Gethsemane!



No comments:

Post a Comment